Notch another one in the win column for Yahoo as the company picks up display and video advertising for high-ranking Comcast.net. Comcast’s flagship site attracts more than 15 million uniques a month. Search services and Comcast Interactive Media’s other properties are not part of the deal. Under the terms of the multi-year deal:
– Yahoo’s ad sales team will be the primary marketing and sales channel for Comcast.net when it comes to display and video.
– Internal sales unit Comcast Spotlight, with its 3,000-plus sales force, will bundle Comcast.net in cross-platform and locally targeted ad packages.
– Yahoo and Comcast Interactive Media will collaborate on new marketing sponsorships supported by Yahoo’s platform.
– The ad services will be integrated into a redesigned Comcast.net later this year. From the release: “The redesigned Comcast.net will include enhanced features, user experience and new advertising opportunities across the site.”
– Comcast.net brings Yahoo video volume — the site delivers more the 65 million video streams a month.