Following are the full members announced today for the Open Handset Alliance. backed by Google: Aplix, Ascender Corp., Audience, Broadcom Corp., China Mobile, eBay (NSDQ: EBAY) Inc., Esmertec, HTC Corp., Intel (NSDQ: INTC) Corp., KDDI, Living Image, LG, Marvell Technology, Motorola (NYSE: MOT) Inc., NMS Communications, Noser, NTT DoCoMo, Nuance Communications Inc., Nvidia Corp., PacketVideo, Qualcomm (NSDQ: QCOM) Inc., Samsung Electronics, SiRF, SkyPop, SONiVOX, Sprint (NYSE: S) Nextel, Synaptics, TAT – The Astonishing Tribe, Telecom Italia, Telefónica SA, Texas Instruments, T-Mobile and Wind River Systems Inc.
Also, as to what their exact roles are in the alliance, see this WSJ story breaking that down. Some of the more interesting ones:
– Aplix Corp. makes mobile software, including a program used to print photos from a cameraphone.
– Ascender Corp.’s software lets users select themed ringtones and wallpaper for their phones.
– Living Image is Japanese company that develops technology used to play images on cellphones.
– SONiVOX develops audio technology that allows music playback in mobile games
– TAT-The Astonishing Tribe is a Swedish firm that develops mobile user interfaces