– Guitar Hero III Out On Verizon: Activision’s (NSDQ: ATVI) mobile version of Guitar Hero III is now available exclusively to Verizon (NYSE: VZ) subscribers, for $4.49 per month or $11.99 for unlimited use. (Release)
– Qloud To Sell Thumbplay Content: Qloud, which makes a music application users can put in their social-networking profiles, will feature links to ringtones for purchase from Thumbplay in its application. Thumbplay announced a similar deal with iLike, which makes a comparable application to Qloud for Facebook, last week. (Release)
– 3 UK’s Portal Goes Ad-Supported: The operator 3 in the UK has relaunched its portal and now uses advertising revenues in place of usage charges, reports NMA (subscription required).
– Fox In India: Fox News will provide content to Star India through its mobile portal, Plus. The portal has a customer base of about 100,000 reports BusinessLine.
– SMS Challenge Promotion: Gamevil USA’s new game Big Trouble On Little Earth has an SMS challenge feature, where people can send their high scores to their friends daring them to do better — and if the friends don’t have a game there’s a link to download it.
– Merry Mobile: Mobile social community Cellufun has launched Merry Mobile, a service that lets people “celebrate the holidays in a mobile virtual world”…but only by decorating their homepage and giving virtual gifts, there’s no quality family time.