– BSkyB: BSkyB (NYSE: BSY) is adding Times Media digital commercial director Giles Ivey, who joined the newspaper group in October, to head portal sales, with existing director Paul Wright now heading only third-party sales in what is a division of his current role. Sky, of course, operates 365 Media and has 180 of its own sites, as well as external ad clients, Media Week reminds us.
– ITV: The broadcaster has realised that, if it’s going to hit the ambitious £150 million online revenue target by 2010, it better sell some more ads. It aims to almost double online sales staff from 22 to 50, Media Week says, adding Lastminute.com co-founder Dominic Cameron has been filling in for Annelies van den Belt, who left for Livejournal operator Sup.
– LinkedIn: Ex Intext and Vibrant Media GM Henry Clifford-Jones is joining LinkedIn as director of European media sales, as the professional social network looks to strengthen its position in the European market, where it faces a strong challenge from Xing. Revolution.
– Telegraph: Thomson Directories new media commercial manager Jeff Turner will take over as online sales head, replacing Gary Cole, who became ITV.com and Friends Reunited revenue head in October. MW.
– Bauer: Amid a wave of exits from Emap (LSE: EMA) following its acquisition by H Bauer, now the parent company is losing a topper – finance director Matthew Stanton is leaving to become CFO at ACP Magazines down in Australia. Media Week.