Earlier this month I spoke to Blake Krikorian, the CEO of TV placeshifting company Sling Media, about what life is like as part of Echostar (NSDQ: SATS), a year after the company got acquired for $380 million. The company launched a beta of its new video portal Sling.com today, and we reported on details of the site earlier this month, here. My interview with Blake, however, was on everything except Sling.com.
Among the points he addressed:
– Hypothetically, if founders leave, how would the company go on.
– Challenges as a consumer and retail product.
– Working on embedding Sling functionalities into set-top boxes.
– Relationship with sister company Dish Network.
– Working with operators outside of Dish, and hedging bets with international operators.
The full video, running about 7 minutes, is embedded below: