– MMC: Nic Paul, Variety’s online sales head, is leaving & joining Jay Penske’s MMC, reporting to Sasha Wolfe, ex-MSN who is head of sales. MMC recently acquired Nikki FInke’s blog and brought on Bonnie Fuller to run HollywoodLife.com.
– RHDi: Brian Barnum, president of RHDi and former COO of Business.com, has left the company to do a startup, we have learned. Sean Greene, the SVP of RHDi, is now heading the division.
– Hasbro Studios: Beginning in September, TV vet Stephen Davis will be the first President of the newly formed Hasbro Studios. He will oversee production of media content relating to the company’s toys, including animated, live-action and game-show programming, as well as digital and mobile content. Most recently, Davis was CEO of Family Entertainment Group, overseeing its ‘development, production and distribution of content for the traditional and digital space.’
– American City Business Journals: S. I. Newhouse Jr. has announced that Whitney Shaw is now the President and CEO of American City Business Journals. Shaw, who had previously been senior VP and president of ACBJ’s sports-publishing division, will replace his father, Ray, who died last month. Also, his brother Kirk has been made Executive VP to go along with his CFO title.
– Los Angeles Times Media Group: Three moves within the organization were made. The first is Scott McKibben being made Executive VP of Strategic Partnerships. One of his duties will be to oversee strategic alliances for LATMG