– SFR: Vivendi’s French Fr telco SFR has signed a three-year deal with RealNetworks (NSDQ: RNWK) to power its mobile music service in France. The service crossed over to Real’s control on Tuesday. Real also runs mobile music stores for Vodafone (NYSE: VOD) in nine countries including the UK and Germany.
– Orange IPTV: Orange’s Cinéma Séries IPTV stream has attracted 324,000 subscribers a year since its launch. The five-channel movie service launched on November 13 last year and adds to Orange’s three million-plus IPTV customers. By comparison, BT (NYSE: BT) Vision’s IPTV service has 423,000 subscribers in total. From C21Media.net.
– Burberry social: The clothes brand’s social network has clocked up more than 200,000 unique users and three million page views since launching a week ago. From NMA.
– BBC: After the Beeb said it would spend an extra £1 million on online children’s commissions over the next three years, the corporation has launched @North, an initiative to liaise with northern production companies on children’s programming — £500,000 is on the table for up to four commissions for CBeebies and CBBC. The children’s department moves to the MediaCity centre in Salford in 2011. From How-Do.
– Broadband stats: Between in the 12 months to July this year 11 million new broadband connections were installed across the EU, giving the union broadband of 24 percent, compared with 21.6 percent a year earlier, according to the European Commission. The UK had a growth rate of 28.4 percent, less than Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands, but more than Germany and France. Via Telecopaper.com.