With the Comcast-NBCU $30 billion deal announcement, the remaining part of Comcast’s separate business — the cable and ISP business — also includes some interactive/digital units that perhaps got the short shift during yesterday’s coverage. From an SEC filing earlier this morning, a list of retained digital businesses include:
– Comcast Interactive Media (NSDQ: CMCSA) will still go on, with Comcast.net portal and Fancast.com as its primary business.
– Plaxo, the business social network which hasn’t gone anywhere since it got bought
– thePlatform, which is developing tools for Comcast’s TV Everywhere strategy, and its Comcast Media Center business
– Its stake in Canoe Ventures, the cable industry targeted ad venture
– Also other digital businesses it fully owns: Vehix.com, AutoMallUSA.com
Also, some previously undisclosed stakes in other media/tech businesses. For instance, did you know Comcast had a 10 percent stake on Current TV? The list:
– Big Ten Network, LLC