– Indaba Music: Music industry vet J.J. Rosen as joined the online music portal as CEO. Previously, Rosen was EVP of Sony (NYSE: SNE) Music Entertainment’s commercial music group. He had joined Sony in 2002 when it acquired Run Tones, the mobile entertainment company he co-founded and led as CEO. Last week, singer/actress Queen Latifah was appointed co-chair of Indaba Music’s board of directors.
– Net Element: Former Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT) exec Richard Lappenbusch has signed on as Net Element’s president and COO. When he previously worked at Mircosoft, Lappenbusch worked in business/product development and strategic planning.
– Jumptap: Making its 23rd hire this year, Jumptap appointed Jared Hand as VP of sales, reporting to chief media and revenue officer Todd Anderman. Hand joins from Gorilla Nation, where he served in the same capacity. Since the beginning of this year, Jumptap has hired employees from Apple (NSDQ: AAPL), IAC (NSDQ: IACI) and Time (NYSE: TWX) Inc.
– Vimeo: Gregg Bernard joins as SVP of business development after a 10-year stint at Sony Corp. There, he most recently oversaw business development.
– Complex Media Network: Male-centric lifestyle portal has hired Travel Ad Network’s Scott Cherkin as EVP of product and business development. Cherkin brings more than fifteen years of experience working across both the digital and print platforms in product and business development, as well as sales and marketing capacities.
– Global Communications: Ann Boyd has been promoted to SVP of global communications for the Sony Pictures Entertainment company. She joined as VP of the division in 2009 after having worked at Fox Interactive Media (NSDQ: NWS) as VP of corporate communications.