A round-up of today’s news bits…
– iPad antique books: The British Library has released an iPad app including 1,000+ 19th Century books, but plans to include 60,000+ for a price later this summer.
– Mail Rewards: The Daily Mail (LSE: DMGT) has launched Mail Rewards, which it says will be “the biggest ever newspaper rewards programme in the UK”.
– Culture grant: A new £500,000 fund from Arts Council England, the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and the National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA) is giving grants to “projects that will harness digital technologies to connect with wider audiences and explore new ways of working”.
– Polish genes: Israel’s MyHeritage genealogy site is buying Poland’s Blicsy.pl family history service. Via TechCrunch.
– Tesco digital: Tesco has poached direct marketing agency EHS 4D chief executive Tom Atkinson to help it expand its digital operations worldwide, as group digital marketing officer. Via Mad.co.uk.
– GSMA CEO: Rob Conway is bowing out as chief of the mobile industry super-body after 12 years. Via NMA.
– Synovate: Sir Martin Sorrell’s WPP and France’s Publicis Groupe have ruled out mounting bids to buy Aegis’s Synovate market research business. Via Guardian.co.uk.