– Starz Digital Media: Mara Winokur is now SVP of digital media, business development and strategy at Starz Media — a position that makes her head of the division. She succeeds Marc DeBevoise, who left recently for CBS Interactive (NYSE: CBS), at a critical juncture for Starz following its public announcement last week that another division has halted extension talks with Netflix (NSDQ: NFLX). Previously, Winokur was VP of digital media and business development. David Katz has also been promoted to VP of digital media from executive director.
– NBCUniversal: Stuart Epstein is leaving Morgan Stanley, where he advised Comcast (NSDQ: CMCSA) on the merger with NBCU, to serve as the unit’s CFO, reporting to Steve Burke. Epstein was managing director and global head of the media & communications group.
– Zinio: Zinio has hired Virendra Vase as COO. Vase was at Jigsaw, where he oversaw engineering and operations and assisted with the sale of the company to Salesforce.com in 2010. Zinio’s operations and technology divisions will report to Vase.
– Houghton Mifflin: Education publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt has hired former Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT) exec Linda K. Zecher as its president, CEO and director, starting September 19. Zecher was most recently corporate vice president at Microsoft, handling the company’s worldwide public sector business.
– Travel Ad Network: WebMD (NSDQ: WBMD) veteran Kirsten Forte is now CEO of the Travel Ad Network (TAN). During her 13-year tenure at WebMD she served in a variety of positions including EVP of WebMD Health Corp., and most recently, EVP of brand development and chief innovation officer. Earlier in her career, Forte served as president of programming and product development of Medcast.
– AudienceScience: Scott Travis was promoted to the new position of vice president of sales, North America. He’ll now manage sales efforts and media revenue across the United States and Canada, including managing the U.S. sales team. Prior to AudienceScience, Travis was a sales manager at 24/7 Media, a national sales director of AOL (NYSE: AOL), and the sales director for XM Satellite Radio.