– Channel 4: The broadcaster is planning to roll out dedicated apps for its on-demand service on Android phones and connected TVs by the end of the year, C21 reports.
– Blinkx: Having being acquired by Blinkx online ad net, the video ads firm Burst Media is launching special-interest web channels to sell premium-rate ads at niche audiences. Via Reuters.
– Red Bee Media: Ireland’s digital terrestrial TV platform Saorview will use the online video company to power its TV and radio EPG through Red Bee’s metadata.
– Smartclip: The video ad network will serve ads in to video screens at UK sports stadia, through Sport Revolution’s Concourse TV platform.
– Deezer: The French music service will take metadata from Rovi to supply information about its 13 million licensed tracks to subscribers. Via NMA.
– EastEnders: The BBC is making the third series of online Eastenders spin-off E20 a resource for teachers in the classroom.