– Vuguru: The independent studio founded by Michael Eisner’s Tornante Company has hired entertainment veteran Scott Nocas as head of distribution and marketing. He will report directly to Vuguru President Larry Tanz. Previously, Nocas worked with Sony (NYSE: SNE) Network Entertainment, leading video services, global content programming and marketing for the Playstation Network and Sony Entertainment Network (formerly Qriocity).
– BBC: Dick Meyer has been appointed executive producer for the BBC’s news services in America. He’ll take on editorial oversight of newscast BBC World News America and the U.S. edition of the bbc.com news website. He’ll also advise on the strategy and production of other BBC news content in the US, including its 24-hour news channel BBC World News, and BBC World Service radio productions aimed at U.S. audiences. Meyer comes from NPR, where he served as executive editor.
– Vevo: Vevo has promoted Alex Kisch to SVP of business affairs & business development. Reporting to President and CEO Rio Caraeff, Kisch joins the senior management team to oversee content acquisition, licensing, syndication and distribution efforts, as well as day-to-day legal affairs as head of the department. Most recently holding the title of VP of business affairs & business development, Kisch joined Vevo in 2009. He came from MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA), where he was VP of music strategy.
– Jun Group: Marc Podell, former senior sales exec at YuMe, BBE and RealNetworks (NSDQ: RNWK), joins the social video platform as VP of sales. Most recently, he worked at YuMe and BBE, focusing on automotive clients.
– MWW Group: Two promotions at the PR firm: Leslie Linton is now SVP in the firm’s media strategies practice and Lindsey Winkler is VP in the consumer lifestyle marketing practice. Prior to joining MWW in 2005, Linton was a network TV producer at CNN, CNBC and NBC (NSDQ: CMCSA).