– HookLogic: Jeff Griffin joins in the new position of president of retail. Most recently, he co-founded Interpublic Group’s Shopper Science. Prior to that, Griffin was SVP of Premier Retail Networks (PRN).
– SwoopThat.com: Book publishing vet Dan Farley is joining the San Diego-based college textbook price comparison startup as EVP, business development. He is responsible for building partnerships with on-campus college bookstores, allowing the stores to serve as retail hubs by hosting SwoopThat.com technology on their websites and receiving affiliate fees. Farley was most recently the president and publisher of Macmillan’s Henry Holt & Co. and the Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, and before that was head of the consumer publishing division at Harcourt.
– *ABC* Interactive: The Audit Bureau of Circulations has named Eric T. John VP of *ABC* Interactive, where he’ll manage products and services, day-to-day operations and building strategic business relationships. He’ll also work closely with ABC’s U.S. and Canadian Digital Advisory Committees as a staff liaison. He comes from AdKnowledge, where he was head of marketing.
– Digitas: Online advertising veteran Simon Calvert has signed on at Digitas as worldwide head of strategic planning, based in London and reporting to Mark Beeching, worldwide chief creative and strategy officer. Previously, Calvert was global chief planning officer and executive strategy director at Draftfcb.
– Yahoo: Javier Garcia has been promoted to GM of the U.S. Hispanic business, reporting to Armando Rodriguez, VP and managing director for Latin America and U.S. Hispanic. Garcia was the marketing development director for Yahoo (NSDQ: YHOO) Hispanic Americas. Prior to Yahoo, he was director of media and mobile strategy at Diamond Advisory Services.