Here is a roundup of some of the latest executive-level hirings and exits in the world of digital media business…
– TubeMogul: Paul Joachim is joining as chief revenue officer, leaving his post as SVP at Vibrant Media. He first started out in the tech industry as an engineer, then in IBM “Big Blue” sales and more recently as an investment banker.
– Vibrant Media: Meanwhile, Sheila Buckley joins the Vibrant team as chief revenue officer. A sales veteran who has worked at Time Warner (NYSE: TWX), Buckley most recently was SVP of digital, mobile and cross-platform ad sales at The Weather Channel.
– RTP Ventures: Two hires were officially announced this week, reports Betabeat. Battery Ventures alum Murat Bicer is managing director in Boston, and Omidyar Network alum Jalak Jobanputra is managing director in New York. The company also revealed the size of it’s U.S. fund — $120 million.
– Joule: Daniel Rosen has joined WPP mobile agency Joule as CEO of its Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) division, reports MediaPost. Most recently, he led AKQA’s mobile practice. In January, Joule hired Jonathan Tom, previously group marketing manager for Microsoft’s mobile advertising business, as VP of media for EMEA. It also opened a Paris office under former Motricity executive Ludovic Chayrigues.
– Adara Media: The company continues its hiring spree two months after having closed its $12.4 million funding round. James Bohannon joins as VP of engineering and Tobi Wessels is now director of business development. Greg Weber also joins from YuMe as director of sales, midwest. Bohannon previously held the same title at SmartZip, while Wessels was the CFO Autonomous Vehicles and Special Projects for Google.
– Think Realtime: The ad solutions provider has hired Chris Smith as its SVP of sales and marketing. Smith was previously president of VIBE Lifestyle Network. In 2005, he founded Blackrock Digital and later sold it to Intermedia Partners and the VIBE Lifestyle Network.