New Guardian Media Group CEO Andrew Miller is making several changes he says will simplify GMG’s structure, bolster its exec team and focus… Read more »
Guardian Media Group (GMG) is to undergo a change of strategy under plans drawn up by its new chief executive, Andrew Miller, reports today’… Read more »
We had expected The Guardian to move its popular iPhone app, which has a one-off £2.39 ($3.99) download price, to a recurring payment.
Now… Read more »
Guardian Media Group, our parent company, has hired GroupM financial exec Darren Singer to fill its CFO gap. The position has been open sinc… Read more »
Apax Partners and Guardian Media Group Read more »
Maybe things are looking up for news publishers who decide to stick with ad funding and eschew reader fees.
“Digital ad revenues are up ove… Read more »
If you build it, they may come; but if you don’t build it yet give away the raw materials, someone may build it for you.
Such is the case w… Read more »
– Trinity Mirror: Regionals’ digital director Chris Bunyan’s role is becoming redundant in a reshuffle, replaced by two new roles – a digit… Read more »
By Josh Halliday: Caroline Little, the chief executive of Guardian News & Media’s US operation, is to step down from her role with the c… Read more »
CNBC says it’s hiring Guardian News & Media’s mobile business manager Torsten de Riese to be its digital director for Europe, Middle East an… Read more »
Some new tidbits for metrics fiends today, from The Guardian’s optimisation and effectiveness head Tim Gentry.
Presenting to an Association… Read more »
Now that its long-time CEO Carolyn McCall has flown off to run budget airline easyJet, Guardian Media Group is giving its interim replacemen… Read more »
On the day The Times and Sunday Times start requiring payments for their new websites, The Guardian has devoted its top above-the-fold promo… Read more »
By Mark Sweney: UBC Media has sold its stake in radio multiplex MXR to Guardian Media Group and struck a deal to allow listeners across the… Read more »
– Guardian figs: The paper says its £2.39 iPhone app has been bought 156,000 times since launching in December. That’s a total £372,840 i… Read more »
Guardian Media Group said digital revenue at its Guardian News & Media division “declined only marginally” in the year to March, as it annou… Read more »
By Steve Busfield: Guardian Media Group’s annual pre-tax loss has grown significantly for the financial year to the end of March, due to wri… Read more »
It may be sceptical that readers would pay to read its news site – but Guardian News & Media is today taking the wraps off two alternative n… Read more »
– Skype: The VOiP firm is adding game firm Mig33′s chief marketer Doug Bewsher as its own chief marketing officer, based in Luxembourg to “… Read more »
– IGN UK MD: IGN and GameSpy publisher IGN Entertainment is hiring Electronic Arts’ head of digital game distribution Ian Chambers as its U… Read more »
With just a few weeks before they launch new sites behind paywalls in June, News Corp.’s (NYSE: NWS) Times and Sunday Times are each cutting… Read more »
By Steve Busfield: The Guardian Media Group group director of digital strategy and development, Simon Waldman, is to join LoveFilm.
Waldman… Read more »
Guardian Media Group is putting a numbers guy in charge, at least for the time being, in place of outgoing veteran Carolyn McCall.
Chief fi… Read more »
They say people who can do, and people who can’t teach – but Guardian News & Media’s veteran digital content director Emily Bell, who has sp… Read more »
Life would be so boring without bolts from the blue, like this one; our colleague Emily Bell is leaving The Guardian to join the journalism… Read more »
– Guardian iPad: The publisher says its free Eyewitness photojournalism app saw over 50,000 downloads in the 10 days between Apr 3 and 13.… Read more »
This Sunday Google (NSDQ: GOOG) CEO Eric Schmidt will address the American Society of News Editors at their conference in Washington D.C. –… Read more »
Facing their toughest challenge in generations, British news publishers are sniping at each other like schoolgirls in the playground…
The… Read more »
Suddenly, everything is new again. Underlining uncertainty and lack of consensus regarding mobile-device monetisation strategy, two newspape… Read more »
Guardian Media Group and easyJet both confirmed GMG CEO Carolyn McCall’s departure for the budget airline Wednesday morning (see full earlie… Read more »
On the face of it, the only thing news publishing and aviation have in common is massive recent disruption – nevertheless, Guardian Media Gr… Read more »
The writing was on the wall for Channel M when Trinity Mirror bought GMG Regional Media from Guardian Media Group but left the Manchester me… Read more »
– Kevin Anderson: Guardian.co.uk’s blogs editor, who has been working on pre-election online planning lately and previous worked on the BBC… Read more »
– Muse: Another band joining the app bandwagon: Muse is now offering fans an app on Apple’s App Store with music, a video archive, tour inf… Read more »
Evan Rudowski is CEO of subscription-content platform SubHub, a former European MD for Excite@Home and once managed online at Newsday, the N… Read more »
It’s not exactly a great leap from publishing an iPhone app to offering one on the soon-to-be-released iPad – not only will the former run… Read more »
Trinity Mirror (LSE: TNI) still sees value in local newspapers, even if Guardian Media Group doesn’t. It’s buying GMG Regional Media – with… Read more »
The Guardian has already ruled one big paywall at the director level and the editor level. Now there’s no doubt, as Guardian Media Group CEO… Read more »
- Bauer: Carl Lyons has left his job as digital marketing director for Bauer Media. The move follows another change in the digital team earl… Read more »
Thank you for inviting me to give this lecture in honour of the memory of Hugh Cudlipp.
Ask any British journalist who were their edito… Read more »